Quick thoughts on Current Events

Current Events
One cannot help but look around at the world in its chaos and wonder if the end is near. When I see these riots throughout the world, the conflict between Israel and a possible Palestinian state, the worsening of the situation with America and what seems (to me) to be a growth in natrual disasters, I wonder if we really are nearing the End Times. Granted, even if these events are leading towards the end, it could still be many, many years before anything happens. But nonetheless, I do love to think about these possibilities. 
“And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book” (Rev. 22:7). 

War and Peace
There are currently more than 30 wars going on in the world as I write this. I look and see more coming too, as the riots throughout the world grow bigger. No, I do not believe that the Tea Parties are riots. I do think they are people fighting for what they call their "rights" as American citizens, which I suppose is fine (for Americans). But even still America is going down with the rest of the nations in the world. Our debt has once again been allowed to grow, and soon we will be at a point of hopelessness if nothing is done. But, as those who know me can agree with, I am not a fan of politics, and this note is not about the rising debt of America. My point is that America, along with the other nations of the world, is flying downhill faster and faster. 
So, either there will be a total reset of the nations, or as I believe could happen (I am not certain of any of these things), the world coming together for one nation, worldwide. After all, how long have there been multiple nations? And obviously that hasn't worked. Now, I am not saying this is my view. No, I don't believe the number of nations matters. Nations save no one. All "great" nations go down, which is an historical fact. But from the world's point of view, one big Government makes more sense when one thinks about it. After all, how many people are pushing for worldwide peace? Pretty much everyone. Now, all of this is my own opinion. As of right now, I cannot keep these thoughts to myself, thus the reason I made this blog, which is a place in which I can drain my thoughts regardless of people's opinions. 
Back on topic. The push for world peace has been around for quite some time. But perhaps, not as long as most might think. When you look at the many attempts to rule the world, you see one reason throughout all of them: Power. No one, that I can think of, ever tried to rule the world for the sake of world peace. Nay, quite the opposite. So, it would make sense that someone get the "right" idea and push to make a Government focused on worldwide peace. From the world's point of view, this can only be done through a single Government. 

The End?
No one can say for certain that the end is within a couple years. After all, "the day of the Lord will come like a thief". But, as was quoted in the first paragraph, we are to look for these things anyway. 
In my own personal opinion, which is not founded on much solid biblical proof (as no theory about the End can be entirely), I am tempted to believe that we are within reach of the End. Not that it could be in our lifetimes, but that it is indeed very close (as it always has been). 
And these wars and riots are not to surprise us (Luke 21:9). They are most certainly to be expected. As the end draws closer, things will most certainly become worse. Not to read too deeply into the text, but it does seem more than likely that even natural disasters will likewise become worse. “Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines" (vs. 10-11). 
Then, if the "one Government" is formed, and wars calm down, it is more than likely that "While they are saying, "Peace and safety!" then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape" (1 Thess. 5:3).

Reality? 
As I said, no one can know for certain. No, not even Jack Van Impe. But as was also mentioned, we are to keep an eye out for the signs of the end. I am growing more and more convinced (although can never be fully) that the Antichrist will not be a liberal, as most might assume. (Unless the reader is a liberal, but I also believe that you cannot be a liberal and a Christian at the same time.) 
The liberal point of view is simply too ignorant. To focused on the destruction of countries, rather than the true building up. Meanwhile, when you look at the average "republican", you see a view that is more than likely to either become or already is man-centered, as they push for their rights for happiness and wealth. Now, I am not a Democrat. When one looks at my political views, they would most certainly say that I am Conservative. But I myself do not like to group myself with any political party. None of them seem to have the right focus when it comes to the Biblical truths. Democrats believe in "spreading the wealth", which is reality is stealing from the "rich and powerful" and giving it to people who are too lazy to work for their own money. And then we have the Conservatives, who seem to believe that man has a natural right to happiness, wealth and success. I myself believe that as an American, people have the "right" to pursue these sorts of things. But as a Christian, I stand firm on that truth that we are to pursue something much higher. 
That is another note however. I believe that, because of the more man-focused point of view, the Antichrist is more likely to be a "right-winger". But as I have said, this is my own opinion.  
The signs of the End times will most certainly become more visible, as mankind grows deeper into his sin (2 Pet. 3:3). And, as I see these events unfold all over the earth, I cannot help but grow more and more excited. The Day of the Lord draws closer every day, and that is the day to which we look forward to (Luke 21:27; 2 Tim. 4:8). 

"When you hear of wars and disturbances, do not be terrified; for these things must take place first, but the end does not follow immediately.”
Then He continued by saying to them, “Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven. “But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and will persecute you, delivering you to the synagogues and prisons, bringing you before kings and governors for My name’s sake. It will lead to an opportunity for your testimony. So make up your minds not to prepare beforehand to defend yourselves; for I will give you utterance and wisdom which none of your opponents will be able to resist or refute. But you will be betrayed even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death, and you will be hated by all because of My name. Yet not a hair of your head will perish. By your endurance you will gain your lives." - Luke 21:9-19

Comments

Popular Posts